Shuffle All playlist on flight 106

About an hour and a half into my flight, already failed at trying to take a nap, judged 1/3 of the people on my plane, read 83 pages of my book (AL was right, it's pretty good - I think the kids call it a page turner, well they would if they read books.) Felt like giving my thumbs a workout and motivate my brain a little and thought I'd track what songs are coming up on shuffle.

Jane's Addiction - Had a Dad

Mazzy Star - Free
(Went on a date with a guy once who claimed this album was written about him, and when I said "Get out" in my best Elaine/Seinfeld voice he said "if I were Johnny Depp you would believe me" - A) I wasn't doubting you and B) yeh - duh. First and last date. He made jewelry. He had two dining room chairs in his living room because he thought if he had a couch it would make him lazy and he didn't want to be discouraged from going out every night. Clearly he was not the right guy for me.

Gossip - Yesterday's News
(man, I love this live record - I love the line that says "if she asks I'm doin' fine" - her voice sounds awesome right there and sarcasm always gets me right in the place that my heart would be if I had one.

Tindersticks - Jism
(I wonder when their new cd is coming out domestically, I should just order the import)

Bad Brains - Attitude

The Dirtbombs - Race to the Bottom
(I GUARANTEE you this will not be the last time that The Dirtbombs come up, my player loooooooves to play the Dirtbombs. This song is like 8 minutes long, to that I say OH HELL NO, forwarding)

Soulsavers - Untitled (Instrumental)
(sounds like something Guy recorded, that's a compliment btw)

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Lay Me Low
(mmmm, Nick + Hollywood Bowl = fuck yeh!)

(Just glanced at the movie playing, I think Debra Messing just was on screen - figures - wasn't I just talking about how I really didn't care for her?)

"If you wanna be my friend and you wanna repent...and you want it all to end and you wanna know when... Make a stand, take my hand...they'll interview my teachers who'll say I was one of God's sorrier creatures" Ahhhh Nick. So good.

Earlimart - Lazy Feet 23
(yeh a fine song but a really poor follow-up to Lay Me Low, and I never noticed they sounded so much like Elliott Smith.)

The Smiths - Hand in Glove

(My back hurts in these seats)

The Who - Love is Coming Down
(2nd Who song of the flight, I really wish Shuffle All meant shuffle ALL)

Buzzcocks - Lipstick

The Notorius B.I.G. - Just Playing (Dreams)

Beatles - Fixing a Hole
(I don't care what anyone says The BeeGees Sgt Pepper movie was AWESOME and this is my favorite Beatles album, comments are disabled for a reason, suck it.)

(Uh I just figured out my headphones weren't plugged in all the way, it sounds so much better now!)

A Tribe Called Quest - Sucka N***A
(is that how the song is listed on the album or just in the Zune? I can't remember.)

(Man something has to give - I've got my sweatshirt, the Zune, a book and a Magazine on my lap - I need a better plan for my seat situation)

Crawdaddys - You Can't Judge a Book.....

KMFDM - Virus (Dub)
(KMFDM has been getting me through some hard days at work lately)

The Black Keys - Yearnin'

Mary's Danish - Venus Loves Leaonard

Swans - Trust Me

The Smiths - The Headmaster Ritual
(Seriously, there are literally hundredes of other artists that could've been played between the 2 Smiths songs - Dirtbombs is probably next)

Thee Headcoats - Pldophile

Magnetic Fields - Xavier Says

Arab Strap- The Week Never Starts Around Here

(I'm totally about to eat a salad I got at Wolfgang Pucks ToGo- chinese chicken salad, my seatmates are going to hate the smell. Sorry seatmates!)

Lost Sounds - Don't Ask Why

The Dirtbombs - Correspondence
(Bah)

Reatards - Memphis Blues

Barry Adamson - The Snowball Effect

The Gories - He's Doin It
I guess it's Mick Collins that the Zune likes, not just the Dirtbombs.

(Done with the salad-first few bites were tasty but it was all down hill after that)

Black Hollies - That Little Girl

Elton John - Social Disease

Jane's Addiction - Three Days (the realllllly long version)

(I think I just found a typ-o in the 9/1 issue of Sports Illustrated, page 32)

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Ain't Gonna Rain Anymore
(I always wanted a line like "once there came a storm in the form of a girl" to be written about me)

Misfits - Skulls

Swans - The Child's Right

Swans - Song for the Sun
(Seriously, 3 Swans songs and 2 in a row! Wtf. Was Mick Collins in the Swans??)


Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds -Midnight Man

Oh- descending! Electronics away!

Landed, taxi-ing, not spell checking, posting

No comments: