Birthday countdown, 15 days

There are some birthday traditions I love and some I am not so fond of.

Cake - I love it. Especially if it's chocolate. Especially if it's chocolate with chocolate frosting. oh hell yeh.

Singing - I don't like that. I don't like to sing happy birthday. I don't like it to be sung to me. Not necessary. It just keeps me from the cake.

Gifts - gifts are always nice. But the obligation of gift giving is not nice. I hope that people don't get me a gift actually. I am really trying to cut down on stuff. I love to shop and think of good gifts for people though. It truly is better to give than receive. Hopefully the person I GIVE to isn't also trying to cut down on stuff.

Sweet sixteen parties - no. Maybe it's because I grew up poor but I never had a really great birthday party and the kids on the MTV show need to be slapped.

Cotillion, quinceaƱera, bar mitzvahs/bat mitzvahs - all described in Wikipedia as "Coming of age parties" --- maybe. I mean if it's for religious reasons and your parents are making you do it and you'll get some money for it and you appreciate that money and don't expect it, ok.

Drinking - drinking is totally a birthday tradition that I fully endorse. Drink responsibly people.

Celebrating the birthdays of famous people - love this one IF I get a day off of work or/and if it means mail doesn't get delivered... I am petitioning the end of all mail. Getting the mail is a pain and it causes so much waste. bah.

Here are 15 types of desserts you can make me instead of buying me a gift and we will eat them before you sing:

Flourless chocolate
Chocolate cupcake
Chocolate lava cake
Brownie
Chocolate silk pie
Chocolate mousse
Chocolate souffle
New York Super Fudge Chunk Ice Cream
Junior's chocolate fantasy
Reese's Peanut Butter cups
Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Caramels
See's Bordeaux bars (mmmmmm)
Chocolate Ice Cream with hot fudge
Tina's box cake with homemade buttercream frosting made without egg.
Costco carrot cake.

No comments: