Birthday countdown - 9 days!

NINE! Single digits! Sweet.



Probably my most awesomest birthday was when I was in like 4th or 5th grade (??) - whatever grade you are in when you're around 11ish - and I made a list of records that I wanted. When I got home from school they were ALL there! It was so genius. They weren't wrapped or anything, they were just spread out all across the living room.

I could be easily embarrassed by the albums on the list but I think it was pretty badass that I made a list with both Quiet Riot AND Michael Jackson and it's even more badass that they went shopping and got them all for me to play on my little portable record player!

Here are the ones I remember
Quiet Riot - Metal Health
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Duran Duran - Seven and the Ragged Tiger
Men at Work - Business as Usual
Culture Club - Colour By Numbers
Hall & Oates - Rock N Soul Pt 1. (ok, that's a LITTLE embarrassing)
Flashdance OST
Billy Joel - Innocent Man
Olivia Newton-John Greatest Hits Vol 2!

I was looking at some old Billboard lists to refresh my memory and I feel like there was a Def Leppard album in the mix but I don't know any Def Leppard songs so I must be making that up.


Oh and by the way - I was looking at what came out in 82 and 83 and fucking hell… if only I knew then what I know now - here's what WOULD have been on my list:

Mommy's Little Monster - Social Distortion
Out of Step - Minor Threat
Rock for Light - Bad Brains
Christ – The Album – Crass
Junkyard – The Birthday Party
Miami – The Gun Club
The Record – Fear
Walk Among Us - The Misfits


In addition to Quiet Riot and Hall & Oates of course.

No comments: